Books on Shabbat
This article is reprinted with permission from MyJewishLearning.
- The Sabbath: Its Meaning for Modern Man, by Abraham Joshua Heschel (Noonday Press, 1996).
- Gates of Shabbat: Shaarei Shabbat: A Guide for Observing Shabbat, written and edited by Mark Dov Shapiro (Central Conference of American Rabbis Press, 1991).
- The Jewish Sabbath: A Renewed Encounter, by Pinhas Peli (Schocken Books, 1991) [original title: Shabbat Shalom].
- The Sabbath, by Samuel Dresner (United Synagogue of America, 1970).
- The Sabbath: A Guide to Its Understanding and Observance, by I. Grunfeld (Feldheim, 1986).
- A Shabbat Reader: Universe of Cosmic Joy, edited by Dov Peretz Elkins (Union of American Hebrew Congregations).